Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Big Guns

Sometimes I feel like I need to pull out my planner to remember what I did the day before.  Then I have to open up my blog to see what I said in my previous post so I don't talk about it again.  I then wonder if I'm acting like such an old person now, what the heck will I do when I actually am old?

I ended up really enjoying my day yesterday.  I got my endorphins fix bright and early, no grumpiness to speak of.  Well okay, I was a little grumpy when we got to the stadium and there were a ton of people there.  There are 6 sets of stairs on each side of the stadium but the best side to run on is the one where the steps go all the way up to the top.  Most of the other people think the same thing though so everyone crowds on one side.  I'm not very pushy and I end up having to wait around for people to come down the steps or go up. 

Neither Rachel or I felt like dealing with a ton of people in our way so we moved to the other side.  The other side isn't great because there is only one full set of stairs and I can never keep count of how many times I've gone up the steps.  It all worked out though and it felt good to be moving again so early in the morning.

When I got home I went for a walk with my mom.  I am very sure all my neighbors think I'm crazy but just one more thing to add to everything else I do... we go for a walk everyday but never at the same time.  We try to go early in the morning or in the evening so it's cooler out but if I'm not around for either of those then we'll go other times too.  We almost always see the same neighbors outside when we walk so I'm pretty sure they just think we walk everyday, all day.  I love getting the walk in early though.  At the end of the day I keep thinking there's still something I need to do but I get to keep telling myself "Nope, you've already walked today, just relax."  It's a good feeling.

Then I subbed for a pre-ballet class and that was nice and easy.  And fun... although to be completely honest I'm getting a little ballet teacher burnout.  This is not good.  Our official classes for the year start on August 8th.  I need to remember this feeling next year and maybe only teach one summer session.  On the other hand, the money has been nice.

The best and worst part of my day was my babysitting job for the evening.  From 6-11, baby asleep the whole time.  I read, I watched So You Think You Can Dance (best show ever), slept, used the computer... and got really bored.  I don't know why cause those are pretty much the same things I do at my own house but I don't get bored quite as easily.  Then I have to drive home while I'm half asleep and when I get home I hop right in bed and take forever to fall asleep which means in the morning pulling myself out of bed is difficult. 

Which it was...

Alarm was set for 4:15.  I woke up at 5:30.  Is it weird that 5:30 is sleeping in?

I like to  get out to run by 5:45.  It's great, dark most of the time and then I'm rewarded with a sunrise at the end of it. 

So I went back and forth about whether to run or not and finally pulled out the big guns

I got out at 8:45 and did 6 miles.  I can't say they were the best miles I've ever run but you know what, I did it.  I made the choice not to quit, to get out there and do what I know I love.  

Up next: Babysitting, more ballet subbing, dog/housesitting

I'll be housesitting this weekend and may or may not have internet access.  I live 5 minutes away and will be stopping at home frequently but knowing me, there's a good chance I won't be posting again until next week.  If that's the case, have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment