Sunday, July 10, 2011

Stumble Upon

Hey Everyone


Well, Sunday is quickly turning into what it always does: “I want to nap all day” day. I laid down at 1:00, planned to sleep til 1:20. At 1:20 I reset my alarm for 1:40 and at 1:40 I set my alarm for 2:00. By that time I gave up on resetting the alarm and just slept. I got up at 2:15. Obviously I should have given up on the resetting bit a long time ago. Unfortunately now I feel like a zombie and it’s started pouring again which just makes me want to go back to sleep. Or sit around eating all day. Where do these thoughts come from?

I got in late last night, I think it was around 12:15 and then I was up this morning by 6. It’s funny, that doesn’t sound like much to me but for those of you that can’t count, that’s 5 hours and 45 minutes. Obviously not ideal but more than I thought it was before I actually counted which makes me think I don’t really need this sleep.

However, I had an usual amount of trouble while getting ready for church this morning.  Perhaps this is due to lack of sleep?

Mascara on and...
"Achoo"... lovely

And then there was the problem of what to wear




Cute, right?

Yeah... no, not so much




I have no idea what this is.  I've had it before several months back when I was training for the marathon.  It's sort of like a bunch of pimples but  you can't pop them and they're really itchy - oh, and it's only under one arm.  Gross, right?  I don't know what really solved the problem but I tried to wash my underarm with facial cleanser and then when I ran I put glide on my underarm.  I guess I know what I'll be doing again...

Since that was out of the question I ended up with this


And ended up being super hot.  Jeans and summer in Florida just don't mix.  Even inside...

This morning I found this wonderful and magical website. Have you ever heard of “Stumbleupon.com?” It’s pretty magical. You input several of your interests and then the website comes up with articles and websites and videos according to your interests. One of the interests I selected with Holistic Health and I’ve seen several websites now about natural household remedies and one on herbal remedies. I don’t know how I feel about herbal remedies because I’ve never tried them but just based on head knowledge and how I base many of my other eating decisions, I would much rather use something that occurs in nature than something that chemists create in a lab.

One website on natural remedies provided a caveat that I really appreciated:

“Know when you need something more conventional. Alternative medicine can be a fantastic way to prevent illness or treat more common ailments, but there’s no shame in going to the pharmacy if the alternatives aren’t working for you.”

Stumble Upon lets you give a thumbs up or a thumbs down to each website that it shows you and the more you rate the more tailored the articles will be to your interests. I don’t know if there is any way to revisit the sites you like though. There probably is a “favorite” button somewhere but I can’t find it so I feel like I’m just breezing through these articles and won’t remember much of what I read.

A few times I’ve been directed to very decadent recipes – Hello, twix mini cheesecake muffins? I’m not sure what interest I selected that led Stumble Upon to select these recipes for me. Sure, they look good but there is absolutely nothing redeeming about these recipes. Also they definitely not vegan. However, I feel bad giving them the thumbs down. They’re good recipes I’m sure… just not for me. At all.

And then there are videos like this:


I mean, common, who doesn’t love a dancing walrus? It’s just that’s not what I want stumble upon to show me. I’m sorry for giving you the thumbs down walrus :(

After watching random videos like the dancing walrus, I decided to stop by the gym… hey, I gotta get my moneys worth outta that thing. Besides, it’s like 100 degrees outside.




It was sooo crowded. My gym has three different centers around town. We have the main facility which is huge, one on the west side of town and then a women’s center. I usually go to the women’s center because it’s so convenient. It’s 15 minutes away from my house and literally 2 minutes away (walking) from the dance studio where I work.

On Sunday only the main facility is open and I just happened to pick the time when they were having a zumba class in the open basketball courts. That meant lots of loud music and lots of yelling and clapping. I’m glad they were having fun, and honestly it wasn’t that bad but wish I had picked a different time.

I did a mile on the elliptical but for some reason the ellipticals at the main center seem really hard to me and I can’t make myself do more than a few miles. One time I did 8 there… not sure how that happened since I can’t seem to do two at a time anymore.

So then I ran 4 miles on the treadmill. After the treadmill I was going to ride the stationary bike for about 30 minutes but they were all taken or broken. There are so many there I don’t even know how that’s possible but by the time I got to the third one and it was missing a pedal I just gave up. I regret that decision now just a bit but there’s always tomorrow ;).

Speaking of tomorrow, and this whole week, I have a very open schedule. This all could change and it probably will but I’m a little unsure of what to do with myself. Productive productive productive, that’s my wish for this week.

Well, I could probably go on talking about nothing really but before I bore you to death I’m going to quit now. Don’t forget to stop in tomorrow for Music Monday! I’ve got some fun songs to show you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment