Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday = Nap day!

It’s a sad day when you reach Friday and all you want to do is go to bed by 8 o’ clock. I am such an old person. I just can’t handle this staying up late thing.

Originally I had today off but last night when I was babysitting these guys

Obviously the toy is much more exciting than I am

Dang, it's hard to get everyone to look at the camera at the same time!


Their mom asked me to stop by for a few hours today. So this morning I took C to stay and play at a gymnastics place. I get paid to jump and run and climb and chase after him for two hours or so. I love my job.

I planned to hit up the gym afterwards but failed. Kind of like this gym photoshoot from yesterday.


I took 3 exactly like this

2 like this

Finally!  Now if only my face wasn't so creepy.  No wonder all the kids think I'm hilarious.

I bring my workout clothes with me pretty much everywhere now because I would rather stop there while I’m out then go home and make an extra trip. However, I often wimp out at the last second and end up stopping at home and making an extra trip later. I should have just gone…

Can I just say, I’ve started to purposely time my gym trips to coincide with Ellen, the show… not a person – have to clarify because when I told this to Rachel she laughed and said “I didn’t know Ellen worked out.” I told Rachel that I love watching Ellen when I worked out but I had a hard time not laughing out loud while on the elliptical. I don’t know why she thought I was talking about a person; that would be such a mean thing to say!

So anyways, I watch Ellen, try to stifle my laughter, and generally end up going a lot longer than I would sans Ellen.

Rachel’s dog Tyson is over visiting this weekend. I’m not exactly a dog person but Tyson is really cute. I can only take so much of him though (or any dog for that matter).

I’ve learned that babysitting skills do not necessarily translate to dog sitting skills. I’m fantastic at watching a baby and/or a young child and making sure they don’t get into things – tangle themselves in cords, eat roaches crawling on the floor, etc. Yes, I’m great at these things. I just keep forgetting that Tyson needs the same kind of attention. My room is obviously not puppy proof. His favorite toy in my room is all of the untied trash bags I have laying around. I find him chomping away on already chewed bubble gum that I had thrown away. So gross…

I also have a hard time getting him to stop crying when my mom leaves the house. He likes her way better than me. I don’t know how but I’m pretty sure he knows that I’m not a dog person. Don’t get me wrong, I am never mean to dogs, I pet them and I talk to them, I just prefer cats and animals who aren’t as dependant on me as dogs are. Anyways, he just doesn’t like me as much as he seems to like other people. So as soon as my mom leaves he starts crying (not whining, crying) and I have such a hard time getting him to calm down. I call to him and he won’t come and then he’ll finally wander back to my room and just stare at me while I’m sitting in bed. I tell him to jump up but he won’t. I’ve finally been able to get him to curl up and just chill out for a bit.



Bed hogs.  Where am I supposed to sleep?



Sort of…



Unfortunately, now all I want to do is take a legit nap. I’ve been perfecting my power napping skills and have gotten pretty good at less than 20 minute naps. That doesn’t mean I don’t want to sleep longer though…

Any fun plans for this weekend?  I'm super lame and don't have anything planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment