A few of the reasons why I love Mondays:
- It's the beginning of the week and there's so much excitement about what's to come during the week. The week never quite lives up to my expectations but I'm always excited about the week on Monday.
- I've done nothing but sit around all weekend and I'm ready to DO something which means Mondays are usually pretty productive days
- I have no real job - I get to play with kids all day, take naps when they take naps and then teach ballet so Monday doesn't mean returning to a stressful or boring job
- Because everyone else dislikes Monday and I like to be different
I always look so happy when I pose for stadiums versus other times I pose. Is it that I'm still mostly asleep and don't realize the pain I'm about to experience? Or possibly my eyes just don't open that much in the morning and it gives the false impression that I'm extremely excited
I'm going to go with the still half asleep theory since the other pose that pops up a lot for stadiums is the muscles pose... it's so totally unfitting considering I don't use my arms at all.
After stadiums I stopped in at the store on the way home to pick up some almond milk. I'm pretty sure MOST of the times I stop at the grocery store is after stadiums or the gym and I'm soaked in sweat. It's a good thing I don't see anyone I know there. One day I'm sure I will regret this though...
I like going to the grocery stores in the morning. There's all these cute older people working and they always brighten my day.
I ended up picking up some Orange Carrot juice to add to my smoothies and right next to the Orange Carrot juice I saw some Aloe Vera juice. I carried one of the jars under my arm and the other two one in each hand. Then I told the bagger to skip the bag. He was a sweet older gentlemen who I guess didn't speak English very well... or maybe couldn't hear very well? Or maybe he just thought I was crazy. Anyways, the check out lady had to explain to him that I didn't want a bag. Then he asked me how I was going to carry it all out to the car - I'm pretty sure I told him "magic" - thankfully they laughed because now that I type that out it seems really rude.
This seems to happen to me frequently: I've never heard about something and then I learn about it and suddenly I'm hearing about it everywhere. Aloe Vera is one of those things that I had never heard about until Friday and since Friday I've read about it several times. Did you know you could ingest Aloe Vera? I had no idea.
I first heard about Aloe Vera from www.thefitnessdish.com (sorry Laury if you read this and see that I didn't link directly to the Friday Five!)
Some benefits of Aloe Vera:
- Helps to detoxify the body and cleanse the colon.
- Detoxifies the blood stream.
- Can benefit a person with intestinal or stomach problems.
- Could aid in the healing of ulcers and help the digestive tract to work smoothly.
- Can improve circulation.
- Helps dilate the capillaries and aid in cell growth
- It acts as an antibacterial, antiviral and anti fungal agent, preventing illness
I tried it plain and wasn't that impressed. So I did what I always do with things I don't really like by themselves - added it to my smoothie! As usual, my smoothie was still delicious so I'll continue to add it in.
After breakfast I walked with my mom for a few miles. It feels so good to have that out of the way as we often do it right before bed and I'm usually just ready to go to bed and have to fight to make myself walk.
I washed, folded and put away all of my laundry.
And did P90X Legs and Back
If you ever wanted to learn how to spice up your annoying self portrait posing abilities... just take pictures while you do jumping jacks
I'm going to continue my awesome productive day by cleaning my room (!!!) and making my bed and cleaning my car! ...maybe ;)