Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Occasional Blogger

If you've been reading for awhile you're probably aware that I'm not the most regular of posters.  Well, I apologize.  I'm not going to feel bad about it though and I'm going to try not to apologize for it anymore.  I know my readership will never grow huge if I continue with my sporadic posting but that's okay.  I enjoy blogging, I enjoy reading blogs so I'm going to continue doing what I've been doing for as long as I'm enjoying it.  Just don't expect anything like 7 posts in a week - that will never happen! ;)

I'm not really sure what to do with all the pictures I've taken while not posting though.  Since I didn't post when I was supposed to they just end up being a bunch of random pictures.  Tacky?  Oh well.  My life in photos since the last time I posted:





















I had a great week last week teaching every day at dance camp.  I taught several ballet classes, did devotions a few days a week and "ballet story time" for the younger girls where I read them some of the classical ballet stories.  I also taught two fitness classes which was soo much fun!  At some point I would like to become certified to be a personal trainer or possibly to teach fitness classes at the gym.  This was a great way to sort of experience what that might be like.  Ever since I became serious about my fitness I've noticed a huge difference in my dancing.  I think it's important for these girls to begin to incorporate some cross training if they're really serious about improving as dancers.  They all seemed to have a great time too!  I kind of doubt that they'll suddenly start doing fitness on their own but at least a seed was planted.

The best news I have is that this Saturday I ran 10 miles for the first time since April 20th.  I didn't run it anywhere near as fast as I had been running but I only stopped at the stoplights and I felt really good.  I'm so excited and I can't wait to start signing up for races!

Every Sunday I open up my planner and look at the week I have ahead of me.  Usually it's pretty blank with maybe one or two babysitting jobs on the calendar. I always tell myself that this week is going to be easy and I'll probably even get bored.  I'm not really sure how it happens but usually by Tuesday or Wednesday my whole week is filled, often with multiple babysitting jobs a day, teaching, etc.  I like being busy so I'm not complaining, but sometimes I think it would be nice to have everything planned out.  As much as I'd like to think I'm spontaneous and adventurous I'm really not at all.  I like plans, I like routine.  Fun routine and plans, but no switching things up last minute!

I'm sorry, I'm too tired to think of good segues so this is not going to flow at all!

Yesterday I woke up grumpy

I'm usually really cheerful so I had no idea what to do with myself

I had planned to run but woke up with shin pain.  I'm not really sure what it was from since I ran on Saturday and felt great and then woke up Tuesday with pain like I'd just done the 10 miles on Monday.  I'm being careful though so I didn't run.  It kind of set the tone for the whole day though and I just couldn't get my grumpy mood to lift.

I stepped on my retainer and felt so dumb for leaving it on the floor in the first place, really, what was I thinking. 

Then when I was babysitting the baby projectile vomited all over me and the kitchen and I tried (keyword - tried) to stop/catch some of it with towels.  On the positive side, at least I didn't have the urge to gag at all.  I know vomit is gross but I actually wasn't really grossed out at all.  Just cleaned it up, changed the baby and moved on. 

On my way home I realized I didn't have my camera with me which meant I had probably left it at the pool... and it was starting to rain.  Oh, and the best part is that the camera isn't even mine, it's my moms.  So ruined/lost camera that isn't even mine.  By the time I realized I was about 5 minutes away from home so I just continued on my way.

The day started to get better, I went to the gym to try to work out some of my frustrations.  Some days I like to think of exercise less as a workout and more as a quick energy exchange or mood transfusion. I’m not heading out to log miles but to shake out the tension, stress, and anger and to breath in a fresh attitude.

It helped me make it through the rest of the day. 

After teaching my pre-ballet class I went to see if I could find the lost camera at the pool and I found it within two minutes.  I'm pretty sure I put it back in my bag but the random pictures of the garbage can, the picnic table and the water fountain make me think that one of the boys took it out of my bag while they were sulking about not wanting to swim and took several pictures and then just never put it back in my bag.  I'm not mad because I found the camera, but it was certainly one more thing in my day of grumpy to make me a little more grumpy.

After dinner I was back to my usual cheerful self.

And good news: my shins are feeling much better today!  Back to running tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment