Saturday, July 2, 2011

Morning Mojo

Well, yesterday turned into a massive nap. After missing the gym I decided I would go for an evening run. So in preparation for my run I ate a huge bowl of salad filled with sliced almonds, shredded carrots, an apple, currents, tempeh and tomatoes all slathered in guacamole. While waiting for it to cool down outside some and let the food digest a bit I decided to take another power nap. That power nap turned into a 12 and a half hour nap. Apparently all the missed sleep over the week finally caught up to me. Fingers crossed that I am all set now and will be able to get back to a normal sleep routine.


I originally planned to wake up early and get a run in but no such luck. I need my early morning mojo back! I just can’t seem to make it happen anymore. I thought I would be so excited to get back to running and I am but I still don’t feel like going when it actually comes down to it. It was easier before. I’m not sure exactly why, if it’s because I’ve lost some fitness and it will be harder to run or I’m scared to get injured again or if I’ve just gotten out of the habit and need to get back into the habit again.

Instead of running I partied :). I went to a birthday party for one of the little girls I babysit. She just turned two. I had a pretty good time other than feeling slightly awkward. Everyone else at the party is either a parent or a child. The parents pretty much hang out and talk together or watch their kids and the kids just play. So what do I do? I don’t have a child to watch but I feel dumb being invited to a child’s birthday party and then just standing around talking to the adults.







My other complaint is that all the kids I watch already have pretty much every kind of toy you can imagine. What do I buy for them? The other babysitters at the party bought clothes which is all well and good but does a 2 year old really enjoy getting clothes? I’m pretty sure I didn’t when I was that age but maybe that was just me and maybe getting clothes is better than getting a toy you already have.


Other than the crazy partying I did earlier today has been really low key. As a matter of fact, I can’t figure out what I’ve been doing all day that has taken up the whole day. I did go to the gym for about an hour but I’m pretty sure I did nothing of value other than that. Sad? Or totally appropriate for a 3 day weekend? I’m going with the latter ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment