Monday, July 11, 2011

Music Monday 07/11

Hey everyone!

Are you excited for Music Monday?  I have some really great songs to share with you today (I say that, but at this moment I actually do not know exactly what all the songs will be).

This first one is a song that I've only heard a few times but it came on my ipod yesterday while I was running on the treadmill and it really struck a chord.  It will definitely be on any and all marathon playlists from now on.  The lyrics inspire me (and you hopefully) to dig deep even when it's rough and to not give up "my body tells me no but I won't quit, cause I want more."  As a side note, I am not encouraging you to push your body past the point that it's able to handle.  Injuries are bad.  I'm talking about pushing past that mental block that tells you that you should stop before you really need to stop.

Young and Giant - My Body



This second song is by one of my favorite bands.  The best part about this song is that it and the whole album are for sale on amazon for digital download for only 5 dollars.  Aaaamazing.  These mp3s work the same way as any mp3 you get from itunes.  You just upload them to itunes and then sinc your ipod.  Unfortunately since my regular itunes is on my broken computer I can't sinc my ipod.  I've been just listening to my songs while I do p90x videos just skipping from scene to scene on pause.

Two Door Cinema Club - Something Good Can Work


And last but not least, this is a fun one that is actually FREE on amazon.com.  Hmm... cheap and then free.  Sometimes I wonder if maybe my music taste is so bad that all the music I like is so discounted.  Nahhhh.
Friendly Fires - Blue Cassette



Enjoy!!!

Are there any free/cheap songs that you're aware of (that are pretty good)?  Please let me know, I love to add more music to my list!


No comments:

Post a Comment