Saturday, July 9, 2011

I should go to title making school

Happy Saturday!


I’ve had a very full week and it’s nice to have most of the day to relax. I originally planned to wake up early and go for an early morning run but when my alarm went off and it was pouring outside I turned over and went back to sleep. I had been expecting the rain and was going to run in the rain anyways but my half unconscious, groggy, just awakened self is not very good at coming up with reasons to do things I don’t exactly want to do. It’s only my fully awake self that is good at pushing myself to do hard things.

So I slept in until 7:30… and I feel lazy. What is wrong with me? I guess I got my morning mojo back if 7:30 feels late to me. I slept for about 10 hours last night which was heaven, but I certainly don’t feel refreshed. It’s like I got too much sleep and now I’m just groggy. Also, my stomach is feeling unsettled. That probably means I had too much chocolate hazelnut butter last night (true story) but it’s making all of the plans I had seem pretty impossible. Clean? Do P90X? Go to the gym? Yeah… how about lay in bed all day? Of course whenever I do that I just feel awful by the end of the day.

This evening I’m going to be babysitting for a family I’ve never babysat for before. I’m always nervous the first time around. Of course I want to make a good impression and I’m not the most outgoing person so I always struggle to find things to say to the parents. I’m watching 1 year old twins tonight; that is a first for me. I probably won’t be there long before it’s time for their bedtime but I’m sure everything is more complicated with twins. You can’t feed them both at once… well, okay, you probably can but I don’t know if I can and then you have to change one and then change the other and then put one down and then put the other one down. It just seems so complicated, although, I guess technically I do it all the time just with siblings of different ages.

If nothing else, it will be an experience. Hopefully a good one :)

Even though I didn’t feel like it I did P90X arms and shoulders. I kept it on pause the whole time and just skipped scenes to see the titles of the exercises and then did them without the DVD playing along. I like P90X but sometimes I just don’t feel like listening to Tony Horton’s voice. My music is better.

Then I forced myself to go to the gym.



I’m always (mostly) happy once I’m there. It’s so quiet on Saturdays… I guess cause all these other people have lives, but anyways, I like it. I can jump from machine to machine and there’s hardly anyone to bother. Note: By jump from machine to machine I do not literally jump from elliptical to treadmill, although I might have to add that to one of my workouts. Some days it’s just easier for me mentally to do a mile on the elliptical, 10 minutes on the treadmill, a mile on the elliptical, 30 minutes on the bike, mile on the elliptical – yes, that was my workout for today.

Some days I’m able to completely focus on my workout and really enjoy it. Today was not one of those days. I thought about chips for a good portion of the workout, no lie. So of course I had to stop at the store and buy some chips. I try to stay away from chips because I could eat a whole bag in one sitting. I sometimes have chips when I babysit but I rarely buy them. I think I’ve bought chips on all of 3 occasions. Well anyways, after the gym I stopped at Publix and bought… you guessed it, chips. I got other things that I needed too but I ended up with Stacy’s Multigrain Pita Chips because they’re sooo good and then I bought veggie sticks. I know there are really not any redeeming qualities about either of these choices but I could have bought worse. Here’s hoping I don’t inhale both bags in one day.

I have about an hour until I have to leave to go babysit so I’m going to go and try to make myself look presentable, time to make a good impression!

No comments:

Post a Comment