Thursday, August 26, 2010

More Recaps

Is it awful that I have to have my planner next to me so that I can accurately recap?  Apparently all my days blend together. 

Tuesdays are often fairly complicated because I babysit during the day.  I often start around 10 AM but the time is variable.  I found out on Monday night that I'd be working at 8:15.  I was determined to still get my run in but I know me and I know that I can't run mid day (WAY too hot) and I can't run in the evening because... well, I'm lame. 

So I woke up at the crack of dark and ate my breakfast and then did some warm up exercises and stretching before heading out at 6:30 for a run.  Originally I settled on 6:30 because that was the time when it was semi light out.  Unfortunately we're losing daylight very quickly.  It's taking longer to get light in the morning and it's getting dark sooner in the evening.  I can't wait for some cooler weather but I'm going to miss the daylight :(. 

I ran 3.6 miles in about 30 minutes and then I walked a brisk 0.6 cool down lap.  I felt really good and was wanted to run MORE but time constraints made me stop.  I couldn't go to babysit all sweaty and stinky ;). 

Tuesday is Plyometrics day but I didn't have time to fit that in before I left for babysitting so when I got home at 2:30 I changed and popped in the Plyo disk.  I was planning to do about half of it.  I really didn't have much time as I had to leave at 4 to teach dance.  I got half way through and just decided to get it all out of the way.  To do this I had to skip washing my hair, gross I know.  I CRUSHED it.  I really love plyo.  It makes me feel good because Tony goes on and on about how challenging it is, and it is... but no where near the level he's talking about.

Wednesday is my day off and I literally have nothing to do except clean and exercise.  So I exercised away.  It's a good thing I enjoy exercise :). 

I started with stadiums.  Oh yeah... now it's all coming back to me.  I went with my sister this time because I felt so guilty about leaving her behind the previous time.  Half way to her house it started raining.  It wasn't anything intense, just drizzles but still, stadiums are scary when it's wet.  I don't know about you but I hate exercising outside in the rain.  You would think it might be enjoyable, keeps you cool and everything, but to me it is just not fun at all.  It's like you're pouring sweat or something.  Gross.  And it makes your clothes all wet and not fun to run in at all.  So I debated turning around but I decided to stick it out and see what would happen.  By the time I got to my sister's apartment the rain had basically stopped so we decided to go and run stadiums despite the rain.  Hah, when we got there the stadium steps weren't just slick... they were covered with puddles.  I can't believe we ran stadiums like that, but we did.  I didn't fall at all but I definitely had to slow down my pace some.  Rachel fell twice but thankfully she just kind of slipped on her butt and she was fine.  I missed both wipeouts, I would see her just after she had fallen and I just assumed she was sitting down taking a break.  I only found out later that she had fallen :). 

I came home and took a nap.  I haven't been getting quite enough sleep the past few days so the nap was glorious.  I woke up and did P90X shoulders and arms, ab ripper x and x stretch.  Mmm that stretch was gold.  Exactly what I needed.

Wednesday I make dinner for the fam.  I made a really good vegetable pie with a really deliciously healthy crust with flax seed and other yummy healthy stuff.  Unfortunately I was the only one who actually enjoyed this meal... which actually wasn't so unfortunate because I got to eat the majority of it.  YUMMMM!  Or maybe not so good?  Overeating isn't my fav ;).

I'll post later to update on my progress for today.

Hope everyone has a great day.  I'm planning to!  Here's what I'm looking forward to:

No comments:

Post a Comment