Sunday, August 15, 2010

Soreness and Stretching


I'm really so excited that these P90X workouts are making me sore.  I workout frequently and pretty intensely so sometimes during a workout I'll think to myself "wow, I'm really working hard, I'm gonna feel this tomorrow"... and then I don't feel a thing.  It makes me feel like I'm not working as hard as I think I am.  A good way for me to judge a new workout is whether I get sore or not.  So really, all this soreness is a good sign.

Today my upper back, right behind my arms is really sore (hah, guess I should really learn the names for these muscles so I could be super specific).  It's difficult to lift my arms above my head.  My legs are also pretty sore.  Not my quads which is not surprising considering all the stadiums I do, but my inner thighs and also my butt, right where the hams connect.  Awesome! Like I said, sore can be good, and this is a good sore.

Today I did the P90X Stretch.  I didn't think it would be an hour of stretching and was really surprised when I popped in the disk.  I mean, how can you do an hour of stretching?  But we did.  It was EXACTLY what I needed.  So relaxing, and felt so good.  Some of the "stretches" seemed like light exercise to me.  I don't know how I feel about that... maybe once I'm more accustomed to the program I won't feel this way.

This week I've kind of just been doing whatever P90X video I feel like but next week I'm planning to follow the schedule.  I'm supposed to do arms and shoulders tomorrow.  Hah, my back better be feeling a lot better tomorrow or that hour is going to be pure hell.  Oh well, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, right? :)

In other news, looks like I will have a car by Wednesday around noon.  Which means I will still be riding my bike to work tomorrow (fun...not).  That also means I can do stadiums in the morning on Friday!!!  Except I'm working Friday morning... bummer =/. 

I've been feeling really good after the first couple days of my recovery week.  So good in fact that I want to cut it short early.  Not sure if I will... I'm not sure if the same principle applies but I kind of feel like this situation is similar to when you're supposed to be taking antibiotics and you start feeling better so then you decide you don't need the rest of the antibiotics and then you get sick again.  I'd rather wait it out and not get tired again then cut my recovery week short and just have to do it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment