Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wait, it's only Tuesday?

I feel like so much has happened this week already that it can't possibly be just Tuesday.  Everything is so much more complicated when you don't have a car.

Tuesday is my running day.  I usually get up and try to be out the door by 6:30.  I love early morning runs, they energize me and make me feel like I can accomplish anything.  Another upside is that I have the whole day in front of me.  This morning I woke up EXHAUSTED.  I feel like this is becoming a theme...
First I woke up an hour later than I planned and then when it was time for my run I wimped out.  My legs were still pretty sore from stadiums yesterday.  I justified my wimping out by telling myself that when I had a car I used to run stadiums in the morning and then my body had a whole 24 hours to recover before running the next morning but I had done stadiums less than 12 hours before so I should wait until the evening and do an evening run instead.

I should know better.  I'm just horrible at working out in the evenings.  After a long day at work I want to come home and veg, or atleast get some dinner. 

So anyways, I came home and went on a walk with my mom and then I went for a run.  I've been running for 4.5 miles every other day but today I was only able to do 3 miles.  Bummer.  I don't know about you but when I've attained a certain level of fitness the next time I go out I want to be able to accomplish the same or MORE.  It's always so depressing to not be able to get to atleast the same level.  On days that I run I usually throw in a Jari Love cardio video or on Saturday I did P90X Plyometrics.  I haven't done anything of the like yet.  Not sure if I will... but I should, especially since I skimped on the run. 

In other news, for the past couple weeks I've been working on a copy cat to Kashi's Mayan Harvest Bake.  I LOVE the Mayan Harvest Bake.  Absolutely the BEST frozen meal.  It's just so good.  I could rave about it for a whole blog post.  I searched the internet and came up with a pretty good copy cat but haven't been completely satisfied so each week I've been editing here and there and the meal that I made today was delicious!  I think I'm pretty happy with it and there won't be anymore editing.  I'll post the recipe in tomorrow's blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment