Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Catching Up

How are you all doing today? 

I've been MIA for the past several days.  It's hard to stay motivated to post when you're lacking on time/energy if no one is reading your blog.

I have a lot of catching up to do though since my last post

I've had a GREAT week so far.  Workout-wise and otherwise :).  I'm gonna do a quick little recap of each day.

Monday:
I started off the day dark and early with stadiums.  I decided to try going by myself this time.  My original purpose for bringing someone with me was first of all to get me motivated to go and second because I think it's safer, especially if you're going in the morning when it's not likely that there will be many people around.  However, at this point I don't need the motivation and I've decided that there are enough people around for early morning stadiums to be fairly safe. 

What is frustrating about running stadiums in the morning is that the only place available to park is only available until 7:30 AM.  I leave my house at 6:10 to pick up my sister and we don't get to the stadium until 6:45.  This means that I only have about 35 minutes to workout (5 minute walk in, 5 minute walk to return to car) before I could potentially return to my car to find a ticket waiting for me. 

If I left my house at 6:10 but did NOT pick up my sister then I would arrive at the stadium at 6:30 and I would have about 50 minutes to workout.  Obviously this is a lot better than a 35 minute workout.

The extra time was great.  It sounds awful but now I wish I could just go by myself all the time.  My sister doesn't have any transportation so I'm the only way for her to get there.  I feel guilty when I go without her.  Especially when she leaves messages on my facebook page saying "You did stadiums without me? :( :( :("

I came home and got all my P90X workouts done - Chest and Back followed by Ab Ripper X.  I took some before pictures so I could see my P90X results at the end of the 90 days. 

By the end of the 90 days I'm hoping for several things: 

                 1) More defined abdominal area (6 pack please??)
             2) No love handles (mostly noticable from the back)
             3) Thinner upper thighs (inner thighs and saddle bag area)

I used to have all of these so I'm hoping I'll be able to get back to there

Monday evening one of my very best friends came into town on her way to visit her boyfriend further south.  Me and several other friends had dinner with her while she was in town.  We're cheap college students so we didn't go anywhere fancy, just Moes and Panera.  I got a bowl of the Vegetable soup without Pesto and also got a watermelon fruit cup (YUM!).  I also got an apple instead of the customary baguette (which I didn't end up eating).  I'm actually not a huge fan of the vegetable soup, I much prefer the black bean but they weren't offering any on Monday. 

I had a great time with my friends.  I've been lonely this summer.  The downside of having college friends... they all leave in the summer. 

At dinner two more friends stopped by.  They were drenched with sweat from a long run.  I started talking to them and found out that they're training for a marathon.  I was so impressed by this news.  It's one thing to read about all kinds of people training and running in marathons online but they sort of seem like these unreal people who don't REALLY exist.  Or if they do, they're super amazing and hardcore.  Now that I actually KNOW some people who are training for marathons it makes it seem much more doable.  I'm excited now to start training soon.

After dinner we stopped by starbucks next door.  Not much exciting there, I got a decaf americano.  I've recently switched from splenda to stevia in my coffee and I debated for atleast a minute what I should sweeten my americano with.  I considered sugar in the raw and honey but then I ended up going with splenda.  Too bad I didn't have any stevia packets with me. 

I was really impressed with Starbucks menu though.  They've really added a TON of healthy options.  A few things that looked really good to me were a plate with grapes and apples and cheese and then a plate with carrots, celery, grilled chicken and humus.  I wouldn't eat the chicken but everything else sounds delicious.  Next time I'm out and looking for something healthy to fill me up I'll have to make my way over to Starbucks.

So much for my short summaries :).  I'm getting sleepy so I'm just going to finish Monday's news and then I'm going to bed.

I stayed out fairly late at starbucks chatting with my friends.  It was really enjoyable but by the end of the evening I was ready to be in my bed.  Waking up at 4:45 for stadiums is not really ideal for staying out until 11:00 PM.  I think I ended up being in bed by 11:30 PM.  Up again Tuesday morning at 4:45 for my run.  More on that tomorrow :)






No comments:

Post a Comment