Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday Weakness


Can I just say... google is so smart.  When I searched for "running stadiums" this picture entitled "Running Stadiums at UF" was the first result.  Google is either smart or creepy or both.

Sad news and part of my title

The Gators are starting practices and today was a "closed" practice which means no one is allowed to watch.  I was totally in the zone, knocking out my stadiums.  I was on my 6th one on the way down when I was asked (very nicely) to leave.  Sad day.  So disappointing.  It's not like I can even go and replace that cardio with running which would be my first go to because tomorrow I'm supposed to run and I like giving my body a break.  Two days in a row of running usually is not a good thing for me.

I know this "weakness" was none of my fault but it still makes me feel weak when I can't finish what I planned on finishing, regardless of whether it was my fault or not

BUT I didn't let that stop me.  I was disappointed but I came home and went for a 30 minute brisk walk and then pulled out P90X Chest Shoulders and Triceps.  I'm definitely feeling it.  I'm not sore yet but I definitely have that my muscles are completely used up and exhausted feeling.  I think I'm going to do the Ab Ripper tonight.  It's only 10 minutes, nice, short and sweet.  Plus, I'm the queen of ab exercises so it'll be nothin' ;)

Here's hoping that my run tomorrow will be KICK BUTT and I will be AWESOME.  I always feel so hardcore after my runs even though I know there are people out there who run longer and faster.  I'm not comparing myself to others right now, what's important to me is that I beat MYSELF.  That I get stronger and faster and build my endurance.  I'm not trying to be someone else, I'm trying to be the best me I can possibly be.  No wimping out tomorrow.  The plan is a 6:30AM 4.5 mile run(hopefully 5 or more! that would be super exciting).  If I only do 3 or 4.5 then P90X Plyometrics it is :)


No comments:

Post a Comment