Saturday, August 21, 2010

Don't give up


Is Dreya Weber not the hottest chick you've ever seen?  Oh man, talk about body envy.  She just seems so badass to me. 

I wish she was in all the P90X videos.  No offence to those other women but they are just not anywhere near as awesome as Dreya.  I always try to "out do" Dreya on the P90X videos.  I put that in quotation marks because I can't even do one real pull up yet.  I do more reps than her but of course I'm using the chair as an assist and she's doing them like a MAN.  Scratch that.  She's doing them like a strong, hardcore, amazing chick.

Speaking of pullups, I was stoked to think that in a few weeks I would be doing real pullups.  I think I might have changed my mind though.  I'm already gaining muscle from the pullups and I'm not sure how I feel about these new muscles.  I mostly like them... until I do a ballet pose


Specifically 5th position arms (that's the one on the far right)

When I hold my arms above my head the upper part of the latissimus dorsi just looks too big for a dancer.  I just don't look graceful enough.


This is pretty disappointing since I really did want to be able to do pullups.  I've decided to continue for a few weeks and see if my muscles continue to bulk up or if they stay at about the level they are now and just continue to get more defined.  If the latter is the case then I will continue on with the pullups.

Yesterday I ran stadiums for the first time in over a week.  I went in the morning (yay!) but unfortunately when I go in the morning I have to leave by 7:30 AM.  If I was going by myself this wouldn't be a problem but I bring my sister with me which means I have to drive all the way to her apartment and then back to the stadium and then drive her home afterwards.  This takes up a large chunk of time that could be spent... running stadiums.  I was only able to fit in my short routine, 6 full stadiums, 2 walking up the bleachers.  I was just happy I got to the stadium and ran some stadiums though.  Half way through the baseball team from a local highschool showed up for conditioning.  Bleh.  I love having the stadium all to myself :).  I get a little posessive and when they show up I always have to tell myself to back off, the stadium is not mine.  They didn't get in my way, but still a little annoying.

Later in the day I did P90X Legs and Back and Ab Ripper X.  I like Ab Ripper X, but man, maybe I'm doing the exercises wrong?  I don't understand how to do them so that I won't tear all the skin off of my butt.  I know, TMI, but seriously.  Right where my tailbone meets the floor I get skin all rubbed off.  It makes it really difficult to be comfortable while doing all kinds of activities (driving in the car, sitting in church, relaxing in my bed, etc etc) booooo.  Wish I could figure out a way to solve this problem.

Today I was supposed to go for a run.  With running it's really the earlier the better.  I took a little too long this morning though and got outside just in time for the skies to open up and pour.  I went inside, took off my shoes and then everything cleared up.  What?  Well, I had already decided I was gonna try for an evening run so hopefully that'll happen or I will be kicking myself for not lacing those shoes back up and going out again. 

If not, I could always run tomorrow and just kind of take today as my recovery day instead of Sunday.  We'll see how things go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment