Saturday, April 2, 2011

Will Run for Candy

Well, it did end up raining all week and instead of sucking it up like I talked about I let any excuse I could possibly use come between me and running.  I would forgive myself if I had actually done something productive the days that I stayed home but I pretty much just did this all day.



The most moody cat I know.  I don't even know why he came into my room and hogged my pillow because he wouldn't let me pet him.  He really flipped out when my phone started ringing and I started moving him around.  Turned out Smokey was sleeping on top of the phone.

By Friday the weather had taken a 180 degree turn for the better and I had no excuse.  As a matter of fact, it was really cool out for this time of year.  When I checked the weather it was 42 degrees outside.  I felt like this was an appeasement gift from the weather gods for the awful weather that had ruined my spring break and confined me to the house for most of the week.


I'm not sure if it was the beautiful weather, the fact that I hadn't been on a run in a whole week, the shirt I was wearing or the sport beans I brought with me... but something made this a really really good run.

By the way, those sport beans are money.  Sooo good.  Heck yes I will run for candy!

I'm too lazy to get up and check my watch to tell you everything exactly so I'll just kind of go from memory.  I always start my run in the neighborhood.  It takes about 1.2 miles to get out of the neighborhood.  For some reason it's always the absolute worst part of my run (followed very closely by the last 1.2 miles home).  I decided not to put any pressure on the first mile and run really slow and easy.  I didn't look at my watch at all because when I do look at my watch I have a tendency to run faster than I planned originally.

When the watch beeped at one mile I glanced down, expecting to see something like 8:45.  What did I see?  7:19!  I couldn't believe it!!!  Just goes to show what you can accomplish when you run for the joy of it and don't pressure yourself.  I ended up running 8 out of the 10 miles sub 8 minutes.  The other two were like 8:12, I don't know exactly but I ended up getting a new 10 mile PR :).  1:18 something!

Then I rushed off to spend some time with my favorite little Asian ;)





I'm basically the weirdest babysitter ever.  I knew I needed some help with recovery after this run in preparation for the long run I was planning for today (Saturday)... so I brought these babies along and wore them while I was babysitting. 

This morning I woke up and I was NOT in the mood to run at ALL.  I had wanted to go for 13-15 miles but as soon as I woke up I lopped the run to my new favorite distance: 10 miles.

That still didn't make things easy.  Thankfully my mom woke up right around when it was getting time for me to leave.  I was complaining about how I didn't want to go and I just wanted to stay in bed.  Thankfully, she's heard me talk enough about how I often feel no motivation to get out there and by 0.5 miles I'm really glad I did and end up having a really great run.  She told me to suck it up and get out there and have a great run.  So I did...

Well, I did the getting out there part anyways.  It took me a loooong time to settle into this run.  As in, mile 5 or 6 I finally decided to stop fighting myself mentally and just finish the dang run. 




I have issues #123408234:  Can't seem to get in photo frame =/


I rewarded myself with this... thing
Blech.
I'm out of the vitamin water I usually add so I just put in extra almond milk... and some strawberries, oh and spring green mix instead of just spinach.  Maybe I added too many supplements?  I'm not sure but it was pretty bad.  I'm sure it was really good for me though.  Amazing greens powder, maca powder (this is the real blech - it smells so nasty), and some vega sport protein powder.

I'm super excited because next week my grandparents will be in town for my mom's spring break.  YES, people in the house!  In preparation for this joyous occasion I am realizing that it is absolutely essential that I clean the mess that I sometimes refer to as "my room" - time to get down to business! :)

Anything exciting happening for you this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment