Thursday, April 14, 2011

I need a new running partner

How the heck is it already Thursday?  These weeks are just flying by!

I've been having a really great week, well, mentally anyways.  All the kids I babysit have been so much fun this week and I've been babysitting the perfect amount - not too much, not too little.  Most of my ballet classes have been really well behaved this week.  Crossing my fingers that next week goes just as well as this week because it's Parent Observation Day in class... I'm not a fan, at all.

On top of all that, I'm just so excited to start weight training again and Rachel and I have been able to get out for stadiums twice this week (we haven't gone for awhile now...).  Running?  Eh, not so much.  Mentally, yes.  Physically - oh yeah... I had a cold.

On Tuesday I decided I was going to fit in a 10 miler before work.  I had sort of been struggling with some sort of cold but it was so mild and I was feeling pretty good so I didn't think it would be a problem.

3 miles later I felt like poop so I turned around and struggled the 3 miles back.  Lesson learned: just because you feel "mostly good" does not mean you will be feeling great 6 miles later. 

Success!  In my book that means finishing without puking ;)
...which is exactly what I felt like doing

I met some sheep at ballet class today:

Why yes, I do have the best job!

Yesterday was stadiums:

Followed several hours later with an intense (and hot, hence the no shirt thing) chest and back workout.  Can't say I've missed pullups

Ahh, yes, now I know why my chest hurt when I was trying to breathe while running today

And then, my favorite part of this whole story:
Yesterday Rachel begged me to go running with her today.  I don't get this chance very often so even though I had planned to run 10 miles by myself I agreed to go running with her.  I decided that I would run 5 miles with her and then after I dropped her off I would run another 5 by myself.

As I thought about it I actually decided that I was going to be pretty happy with this arrangement - I'd still have gone 10 miles but it would end up being a lot easier than if I ran those miles by myself.

The only downside was that I would have to wake up at O'dark thirty to drive all the way out to her apartment and then of course I would have to drive home too.

Well, I did it.  I woke up at 4:15 so I could have some coffee and *ahem* make sure I had used to bathroom before our run.  Oh, and foam roll.

I left the house at 6, and texted Rachel about 3 times before I started calling her.  I called 5 times and didn't manage to wake her up.  Well, since I was already at her apartment I decided I would just run my 5 miles alone first and then hopefully she would be awake by the time I got back.  I brought my phone with me so i could text/call her along the way.  I'm not sure how many texts I ended up sending, maybe 5?  The last one said "you're dead to me"

I also called another 5 times making that total 10.  I realize I could have just gone the last 5 miles by myself but by that time I was just mad that I had gone all that way for nothing.  She's not on my happy list today.

I just can't believe someone could sleep through that many phone calls.  I'm pretty convinced she just didn't want to pick up the phone and tell me she didn't feel like coming out.

This is my grumpy face at Rachel because she is lame ;)

Ooooon the bright side:  I ran a 7:12 for the first mile.  I can't wait to break 6 miles!

I have the whole day ahead of me and nothing to do.  I have a very good feeling finishing off those last 5 miles will not be part of the plan but lets hope something good comes from this day with nothing to do but sit in bed and watch Veronica Mars on netflix watch instantly.


  1. haha, what fun pics. You look good sweaty...unlike myself ;-) Your workouts are kick ass girl, keep it up!

  2. Hahaha, thanks. I think we all judge ourselves much more harshly than others - Thus, I don't think I look that great sweaty and i would probably think you looked fine sweaty ;).