Monday, April 11, 2011

Down to Business

I had a great week visiting with my grandparents last week and now it's back to the grind.  All I managed last week were a few runs.

I knew the unseasonably cool weather we experienced on Wednesday morning wouldn't last but I wasn't expecting the hot and humid morning I got on Friday


If you can't tell, the only part that is dry is the bottom right of my shirt


Super weird pose, looks like I'm practicing my posing for a figure competition - Nah, I'm just trying to show you how sweaty I got:  This is nothin, it's not even summer yet ;)

Friday night I slept in a compression sleeve for my shin that has been bothering me lately...

... and woke up with some sort of rash all over my leg.  Hard to tell from the picture but it's there.  Yeah, don't think I'll be wearing that sleeve too much anymore.

Saturday I skipped my planned long run and went shopping instead.  I'm saving my loot for another post... mostly because I washed it all and most of the stuff I got is still wet.  Or still in my trunk.

Saturday afternoon I went with my parents and Rachel to an event for Rachel's sorority (I'm an alumnus).  It was super boring because I couldn't eat any of the food.  Thankfully I had stuffed my face before the event so I wasn't really jealous of everyone getting to eat but it ended up making the event seem really pointless.



At least we got a good picture out of it ;)

After the event Rachel and I went running.  Rachel has been running 3 miles a few times a week for several weeks now, a few months actually.  I've been telling her she's strong enough to increase her mileage but for some reason she didn't think she could do it.  On Tuesday we went 4 miles and she did great.  I was so proud of her!  Rachel asked me to run 4 miles with her again on Saturday. 

Now... I am not proud of what I'm about to share.  I decided at some point during the day that I was going to run 5 miles and not tell Rachel anything until we finished.  Somewhere between mile 1 and 2 Rachel had to stop because she was feeling really nauseous.  This is where I should have felt super guilty and just ran the planned 2 miles before we turned around.  Did I?  No...

At 2 miles I asked her if she could go another 1/2 mile before the turn around.  She asked "Is that how far we have to go until 2 miles?" and I lied "Yep"

On the way back we had to stop a few times for Rachel to stretch.  She was feeling really sore and her muscles were cramping up.  Oops!  I felt really guilty.  That girl doesn't have any quit in her though.  She ran the last mile or so without stopping and a lot of it was uphill. 

As soon as we finished I told her that she had just run 5 miles (the farthest she's ever run!) - she told me she hated me.

I promised never ever to do that to her again and as it turned out she was really happy that she had gone the whole 5 miles.

This week I promised myself that I would focus a little more on weight training.  I've kind of been all about running for the past several weeks and have been seriously slacking on weight training.  I miss it and after a visit with the super fit and muscular "D" on Friday (A woman I babysit for) I was really ready to get back to weightlifting.

I started off the day with stadiums with Rach


Came home, cleaned, washed and folded laundry, cleaned out a whole bunch of clothes that I never wear

And got down to business


I'm so intense my eyes glow red



Oops - you can see I'm only lifting 10s.  One day, just you watch, I'll be lifting a lot more than that.
As a matter of fact, I'm getting sick of P90X.  I like that I can do it at home whenever I want but I'm ready for more.



I'm off to teach dance.  Hope you all have a fabulous Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment