Thursday, April 7, 2011

I can't think of a title...

I've had a nice and super busy week.  Hanging out with my grandparents has been really nice.  I only get to see them a few times a year so I always try to soak up as much time I can when they visit.  Unfortunately I thought they were coming LAST week so I ended up scheduling all kinds of babysitting for this week and haven't been able to spend as much time with them as I would have liked. 

I've had a great running week.  Funny that I would say that because I've only actually gone out twice.  Running is so much a mental game though and if I have a good run mentally for me that means I've had a pretty good week.  Not to say that I usually have bad runs mentally... but you know what I mean.

On Tuesday Rachel came over for dinner to visit with my grandparents.  After dinner I convinced her to go for a run with me.  She's been running 3 miles 2-3 times a week for a few months now.  I knew she could do 4 but I knew she just needed a little push and a little motivation so I convinced her to run 4 with me.  This is going to sound super snobby but it is so nice running with someone slow.  It was so relaxing!  I wish she had let me talk to her though... she turns up her music really loud so she can't hear me =/.  Running her pace makes me realize that when I tell myself I can slow down I'm not really slowing down.  When I'm really struggling I give myself permission to slow down and then I usually find I'm still struggling - no wonder, slowing down by 30 seconds/mile really isn't that much. 



Here we are post run - notice our flashing lights :)

On Wednesday I went for a 10 mile run.  I don't know what Florida is thinking but it must be thinking it is another state... because April in Florida should not be this cold.  I promise I am not complaining but I was definitely not expecting 48 degrees as the starting temperature for my run yesterday.  I PR'd again!!! 1:18:18 - only by about 30 seconds but I'm just amazed at how quickly I am improving.  Average pace was 7:50!  2 of the 10 were just over 8 minutes. 



Bathed in cold water (cause Dad took all the hot water) after a cool run and then downed a frozen smoothie...



Nope, I'm not choking myself.

I.AM.FREEEEZING - Story of my whole day



Time crunched?  Not a problem.  I am the queen of multi-tasking.  Hairdrying, foam rolling... TV watching?  Oops, you can't actually hear the TV.

I have also been known to:


Watch TV while doing workout videos


Watch TV while taking a bath.

Well, I hope you all have a fabulous day!  Pray I get some motivation to go running later today.  If I do, this week will seriously be an awesome running week.

It also might be a good idea to pray I don't spend a fortune when I go shopping this morning with my mom and grandmom.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment