Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I hate FL heat and humidity

I feel like there's been a theme to my last several posts: basically I am crazy. 

Guess what I did now?  I did something totally out of character for me... and posted an ad on craigslist.  I posted an ad for a running partner.  I was pretty surprised at the amount of responses I got.  After much facebook stalking and a lot of back and forth I have a few potential running partners.  Tomorrow the plan is to go running in the morning and then again in the evening to "test out" these new runners and see how it goes.  I'm pretty nervous - will I run too slow, will I be able to hold a decent conversation, will they be creepy, will it be super awkward?  The answer to that last one is probably yes because I make everything super awkward.  I hope I don't make other people feel as awkward and I feel like I'm making them feel.  Was that confusing? 

For safety sake we're running on roads that have a lot of traffic so if something fishy happens there will be people around to see me and save me (uh, I hope) and I'm bringing my phone with me in case I have to call for help.  I guess I should have some mace or something... I feel like there's a good chance I might scare off my running partners who seem pretty legit.  I'm just going to tell them I'm doing it all for my mom's sake.

I've been running more frequently than normal.  I change my mind all the time but for the time being I'm enjoying running more often but shorter distances

This is from a 6 miler on Saturday evening


I forgot to take a picture on Monday... but I ran 6 miles in the morning
6 miles again on Tuesday morning.  I ran a new route which was fun I guess but I'm grumpy because my runs have been SUCKING.  I'm not sure what it is but I want to stop every mile or so and can't push myself further.  I thought maybe I just needed to slow down, so I slowed down and I still feel like I need to stop.  I thought maybe it's cause I've been slacking on vitamins and haven't been doing my green monsters so I made sure to do that both Tuesday and Wednesday... but my Wednesday run sucked too.  Maybe it's the heat?


Really craptastic run on Wednesday evening.  Blah, I heat Florida heat and I hate Florida humidity.
And I should work on my posing...


I'm icing my shins, drinking iced decaf coffee getting ready for bed.  I slept in until 7 today and it was wonderful but I have to drive 30 minutes to get to the place I'm running tomorrow by 7 am so I better head to bed.  Here's hoping that my running partners are really as nice as they seem and things aren't as awkward as I'm imagining and that I don't regret posting that silly ad.

Have a good night! :)

2 comments:

  1. hope it works out, running partners are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! if by work out you mean find someone who walks twice during 2 slow miles and then gives up... it went great! Back to the drawing board... =/

    ReplyDelete