Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I am lame

Yesterday I watched 4 kids while their dad took an online class for his job.  I had a great time making sure they stayed downstairs, off of the computer, off netflix and stayed quiet.  They were actually surprisingly very well behaved.  On normal days I try not to let them play on the computer or watch TV all day, I actually prefer them to do something active but sometimes it's like pulling teeth.  Yesterday they were really creative though, all by themselves.

I wish I had taken a picture of this.  One of the boys is super creative and artsy and he drew a combo of star wars and cars, aptly named... car wars.

J made a massive lego tower and insisted I take a picture of it


It was so tall I couldn't even get it in one shot from inside the room



He was so proud of his tower that he asked his mom all day if I had emailed her the photos yet

Yesterday evening I got to hang out with R for awhile.  We played outside until he was completely exhausted and then watched Dora for a few minutes.




Like I said, completely exhausted ;)

Can you tell I'm enjoying Dora too?



Today I have to leave the house by 10:30 and there's only a 10% chance of rain all morning. I bet you think that means I jumped right on it and went for a run, right?


I usually take my self timer self portrait amazingness after a run.  I took them before the run today.  Hmm... I wonder if that has anything to do with me wimping out on my run...


I foam rolled, I stretched, I applied glide, I got my watch ready, I added songs to my ipod, put my ipod in a plastic bag in case it rained, put sport beans in my pocket, pulled out the key, opened the door... decided I didn't want to run


I even did my hair!


I took about 5 photos just like this.  Proof that I actually don't look fully awake until around 10 =/

I feel super lame.  I don't know what is going on but I just don't feel like running.  My shin is feeling a lot better today, I think maybe this helped:


I'm going to try to convince myself throughout the day that I actually DO want to run.  I always feel good once I get out there... okay, usually.

If it's not raining and I've prepared myself mentally enough to make myself believe I do want to run then maybe I'll get some kind of run in tonight.  I have to finish out March strong!

I'm off to babysit some more today... and convince myself I want to run ;) or even do anything active.  I may be able to easily convince myself that I really want to lay in bed all day but I know from experience that laying in bed all day does not a happy Sharon make.

No comments:

Post a Comment