Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Rainy week day 2 :(

It rained all day yesterday and after checking the weather I was very disappointed to find out it would probably be raining for the majority of the week... so much for having a whole week to focus on running.

To say I'm bummed would be quite the understatement.

I am going to be bored out of my mind!

It looks like today will just be drizzly.  Thankfully I already got stadiums in.  Sadly, without Rachel. 

The face I make because I look dumb when I smile with my retainer in... obviously this is much better

The worst mornings are the mornings when I'm already half way to her apartment to pick her up and realize she's not going to pick up the phone no matter how many times I call her.  Sometimes I turn around and head home but that's a huge waste of 20-30 minutes.  On my best days I suck it up and run stadiums alone.  Since I did NOTHING yesterday I was able to convince myself that I should just go and get it done.  I'm glad I did.  I never regret exercising, it always feels good to get it done.


My shin has been sore in a really strange way.  The last time I ran was Friday and I can't figure out why it's still tight since all I've been doing since then is sitting around.  I'm not even sure if it's my shin that's bothering me - it's like the side of my calf. 


It feels like I've had several intense charlie horses, it just won't relax.  I've been foam rolling and icing so hopefully it'll clear up soon.  If those compression sleeves weren't so dang expensive I would have bought a pair already and would be wearing them like they were in style I'm sure.


I'm looking forward to a day of forced activity - the best part about kids.  They wouldn't sit still if you paid them to.  Hopefully we won't all go stir crazy inside all day.  Rain I hate you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment