Saturday, January 22, 2011

Inspiration

I started off my day on a high-note.  What I absolutely love the most about blogging is other people's posts.  I LOVE reading about the awesome things others are accomplishing, about how they're becoming stronger both physically and mentally.  I love reading about new healthy foods and hearing about new fitness products - it would take me a long time to found out about these things if I wasn't reading blogs.  I am continually inspired to push for more in my workouts and in my everyday life because I hear day in and day out from these amazing and inspiring women (It's not that I don't like men - promise, I just don't read any blogs written by men yet).

This morning I opened up blogger and read something that is going to keep me going for a long time...

Kristin D. over at Aqufit Blog wrote an incredible post entitled This is Why I Do It

If you haven't read it already, check it out!

When I talk about my fitness goals I often get asked the question "Why?  Why do you want to run a marathon?  Why do you want to run an ultra marathon?  Why do you want to get involved in Crossfit?"

I always find it hard to put into words exactly why I feel the need to push my limits and find out what I'm made of.  Whatever it is, there is definitely something inside of me that is hungry for more, that desires to be the strongest me that I can possibly be.  I don't want to just get to a happy place and stay there, I want to keep improving and keep growing. 

Kristin put it perfectly:

This is why I do it. For the quiet, for the pain, for the exquisite moments of triumph that form inevitably out of all out effort.  It is why I'll never stop rowing, despite the initial fear. It's why it's always worth it to give it your all: on the rower, up the mountain, during your first marathon. Always.

Since I haven't done Crossfit (yet!) I'm replacing a few words:

This is why I do it. For the quiet, for the pain, for the exquisite moments of triumph that form inevitably out of all out effort. It is why I'll never stop running, despite the initial fear. It's why it's always worth it to give it your all: up the mountain, during your first marathon, in life. Always.

LOVE!

I had this thought running through my head as I ran 10 miles this afternoon.  I had the best run that I've had in a long time.  I'm sure it was good for many reasons but I attributed at least some of the motivation during the run to this statement. 

Then crazy me told Rachel we could run stadiums today so after a shower, some food and knee icing I was off to run some more.  Surprisingly, running stadiums was awesome as well.  I just had a really on day when it came to working out.  I guess I had to have an on day with something because I certainly didn't for the rest of the day :)

I made Rachel stop at the store with me to pick up a few things on the way home.  We filled the basket with hummus... and a few other things ;).  We took forever because I'm obsessed with the Greenwise Publix.  We don't have Whole Food or Trader Joes in Gainesville =( but we do have a few Mother Earth Supermarkets and the Greenwise Publix. 

Got in line, put everything on the belt and then realized I didn't have my wallet adfljsadflkj. 

While we were leaving several cars all tried to smash into me at once.  That was fun.  Sometimes I think my car must have the invisible button turned on. 

My plan for the rest of the night?  Bed before 10 :)











No comments:

Post a Comment