Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fun Fitness or Gimmick?

As much as I love health and fitness sometimes the industry just drives me nuts.  I completely believe that their absolute top priority is not to get us to our peak fitness level... it's without a doubt to make money

All those quick fix fitness gadgets (Shakeweight, ab circle pro, etc) are the worst.  I'm not saying they can't do anything for you, it just bothers me that they are marketed as perfect fitness tools.  All you have to do is shake this weight around for a few minutes everyday and you'll look like these fitness models who work their butts off all day to get this toned... uh, yeah... sure.

So anyways, all that to say...

I gave in and I bought this little fun toy:


Yes, I bought a weighted (rainbow!) hula hoop

It came in the mail today and after putting it together I got straight to play, I mean work ;)

Not to toot my own horn or anything but I am amazing at hula hooping.  I've won every hula hooping contest I've been in since... well ever since I've been in a hula hooping contest.  I think my record is 15 minutes and then I got bored and thought 15 minutes was a decent enough time to hula hoop so then I stopped.

I still love hula hooping so I figured, well what could it hurt.  A little hula hooping while I watch some TV.  If nothing else I will be standing instead of sitting.

I've read amazing reviews on this thing.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up but I've heard it's fabulous for abs.  I guess we shall see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment