Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Holy Cannoli CALVES!!!

Just to be clear, I don't actually say "holy cannoli" in real life.  I mean, who does that ;)

But oh my goodness!  Remember how I said the first run in my Vibrums I felt nothing?  Then I went for a 3 mile run and by the end I was like okay... I'm starting to feel it.  Well, the rest of the day I realized that my calves were much more sore than I originally thought.  Today when I hopped out of bed in the morning my exact thoughts were "OH MY GOSH, CALVES!!!"

I for sure felt them this morning

I don't want to make it sound like my calves were just dying because they weren't but I could definitely tell that when I wore Vibrum Fivefingers I had used different muscles than I usually do when wearing my normal Sauconys.  I'm not used to my calves being sore.  During the marathon my calves hurt like CRAZZZZY but the next day they were fine so I was surprised that I had any pain at all today and definitely shocked that it was more than just a little soreness.

Anyways, I didn't let my calves cramp my style

It poured and poured and poured and poured out today.  Florida's lame version of snow.  I didn't have any outside workouts planned for today.  For once the rain didn't mess up any plans :)

I did P90X plyo and Ab Ripper X before I left the house.  I thought it would be a good idea to take some pictures of myself doing plyo...




Hahaha, obviously NOT the best idea I've ever had

Then I got to hang out with my favorite little girl



This is right after I rescued her from older brother so she's not quite her usual bubbly self

When I came home I caught up on P90X Legs & Back
Overtraining?  Yeah, probably.  I have this thing where I feel the need to play catch up if I miss a day.

Oh well, I did it, I'm all caught up, I feel accomplished! 

No comments:

Post a Comment