Friday, February 11, 2011

Look, I have friends!

Happy Friday everyone!

Well, after two days of gorgeous sunshine Florida decided to go back to the drizzly mess it's been for the past week or so.


This is from yesterday.  You can't tell but it's raining...
It drizzled in the morning and then again later in the afternoon and in between in stayed pretty gloomy.

I had originally planned to run 6 miles yesterday but I just hate to run in that kind of weather.
So instead Smokey and I just lounged in bed.  I did a few other things but sadly a lot of my day was spent in bed.  Thursday is my day off so I can do that sometimes :)


I love it when he sleeps with his paw over his eyes - so cute :)


Today the sun is peeking out again and I'm looking forward to a run late this afternoon.

Last night after teaching dance class I got to spend the evening with my friend Alexis.  She cooked me a delicious dinner!


Pita bread pizza with fresh spinach and tomatoes.  On the side are some orange glazed carrots.  My favorite part was the carrots.  They were so soft and delicious.  The vegetables were all organic and came from a local farmer.  Alexis is a part of a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) and gets fresh vegetables and fruits weekly from her CSA.  I've been interested in joining a CSA for awhile now but Alexis sold me on the idea.  The only worry I have is that I won't be able to use up all my produce in a week and I would just feel terrible letting good produce spoil.

Alexis also made some sparkling water with lemon and elderberry flower to go along with the meal.  It was delicious!  She has one of those soda stream machines.  You just take tap water (or filtered tap water) and the machine makes sparkling water.  Love this idea and am going to look into getting one.  I think I eat really healthy but one bad habit that I can't seem to break is my addiction to flavored water.  I know the ingredients are not healthy (Filtered carbonated water, citric acid, natural flavor, aspartame, potassium benzoate, potassium citrate, acesulfame potassium, phenylketonurics) and that my body needs real water but I never find myself craving plain water.  Last bad habit that I need to kick...

Alexis is working towards a sustainability minor (business major) and knows all kinds of interesting information on the topic.  We talked a lot about organic foods and buying locally, our interest in vegetarianism and reasons why we ate the way we do.  It's not often that I find someone who can talk for hours about eating healthy. 

After dinner we enjoyed some oranges and strawberries that were absolutely delicious.  We finished off the night with some decaf espresso (which I've never had before).

I meant to get a photo of Alexis and me but completely forgot.  This is from a spring formal we both attended last year.





My friend Kristen, Alexis and me

I had a great night.  I don't get out too much anymore (I know, I'm pathetic).  All of my friends from high school have moved away and now my college friends are all moving back home too.

Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful day and a great weekend.

Any fun plans for the weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment